As many of you know I am heading over to Nepal this week to take part in an exciting project on Mt. Everest where I will be climbing and filming for a new Eddie Bauer campaign.
For those of you who don’t know, Eddie Bauer has joined up with a Whittaker Mountaineering and assembled a dream team of mountaineers to build a new line of outerwear and equipment that will fall under the Eddie Bauer/Whittaker Mountaineering First Ascent product line. First Ascent combines Eddie Bauer’s legacy as the original expedition outfitter with the expertise of some of today’s most renowned mountain guides and climbers, including Ed Viesturs, Dave Hahn, Peter Whittaker, Melissa Arnot, Seth Waterfall, Chad Peele, and Jake Norton .
Eddie Bauer’s name hearkens back to many of the first ascents outfitted by Eddie Bauer, including:
• The First Ascent of Gasherbrum I in Pakistan (1958)
• The First Ascent of Masherbrum in Pakistan (1960)
• The First American Ascent of Everest (1963)
• The First Ascent of the Everest West Ridge (1963)
• The First Ascent of Mount Kennedy in Canada (1965)
• The First Ascent of Vinson Massif in Antarctica (1966)
• The First American Ascent of Dhaulagiri in Nepal (1973)
• The First American Ascent of Peak Lenin in the Russian Pamirs (1974)
• The First Ascent of the North Ridge of Nanda Devi in India (1976)
• The First Ascent of Great Trango Tower in Pakistan (1977)
• The First American Ascent of Makalu in Nepal (1980)
• The First Ascent of the Everest East Face (1983)
Be sure to follow our expedition over the next several weeks and learn more about this product line at at one of the following sites: